Experiential learning / training method seeks to move away from the chalk and talk, learn-by-rote methods of traditional education. Experiential learning is based on three assumptions:
- That people learn best when personally involved in the learning experience.
- That knowledge, to be truly meaningful, has to be discovered by the individual.
- That people are more committed to learning as an integral part of the learning process rather than mere passive participants.
Experiential learning therefore places an emphasis on
- Direct personal experience
- Building individual’s commitment to development
- Learning at the Subconscious level for deeper understanding and implementation